This Was Life -- Freshman Year

Saturday, May 29, 2004


I've been home from school for one week now, but I'm not sure how much I've accomplished. I unpacked my boxes and I'm almost settled into my room in the basement, and I applied for a delivery job at Domino's Pizza, but I haven't heard back yet. I played in our church softball team's game Thursday night (we won, 6-5), and I went to the DMV today to change the address on my license and register to vote in the upcoming election. Also, I finally got connected to the Internet. It's wireless, and I love it!

I guess I haven't totally wasted this last week. But that's not why I'm writing this entry. No, my reason for this post is a dream I had last night, and it went like this . . .

I was still at school, in the dorm with a bunch of these other guys. We were packing up and getting ready to move out, and I was cleaning my room. My roommate had already left, but for some reason, my first roommate still had all of his stuff on his desk, and I had to pack it up. While I was doing this, a girl who happened to be one of Megan's best friends came into the room, looked around, and left. Then, Megan came into the room, plugged in a vacuum cleaner, and starting vacuuming.

The fact that girl was in my room didn't surprise, as much as the fact that it was Megan. Apparently, it was Open Dorms, and a bunch of girls were in our dorm to help us clean (it was one of these times where you already knew what was going on without being told. You know what I'm talking about). And, for some reason unbeknownst to me, Megan chose to vacuum my room. I actually talked to her, saying hi, and asking her how things were going. I don't remember what her answers were, but somehow I was able to hear her over the sound of the vacuum. The dream ended after that, just like the school year -- without me asking her out.

Just having the dream was strange enough. I really haven't thought that much about Megan since I got home, which is a good thing. And as far as I can tell, this was just a dream, not a subconscious message. I'm not going to pay any more attention to it, unless I have another dream like it tonight. Then I'll assume that God's trying to tell me something.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home