This Was Life -- Freshman Year

Friday, January 16, 2004


I'll bet all y'all thought that I forgot about this, didn't ya? Indeed, I'm back, and I'm updating my blog at 2:00 in the morning.

Actually, I've been busy (and little bit lazy) with moving back to school and starting the spring semester. Classes began today, which means lots of homework. YAY!

Did anybody catch that football game this past weekend? Any one of them, just pick one -- they were all great. My beloved Eagles pulled off a stunning victory in overtime against Green Bay. This just goes to show that Philadelphia sports teams can't do anything the easy way. For example, the Eagles had to fall behind 14-0 in the first quarter, and tie the game after a stunning play on 4th and 26, before winning in OT. And in 1980, the Phillies were winning 4-1 in the top of the 9th in game 6 of the World Series, just three outs from winning their first championship. And of course, they did it the hard way. Tug McGraw loaded the bases before finally striking out Willie Wilson to end the game and the World Series. In fact, the only time a Philly team did it the easy way was 1983, when the 76ers breezed through the playoffs with a 12-1 record and swept the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Anyway, I'm going to be a nervous wreck this Sunday when Philly plays Carolina for the NFC Championship. And if they do win and advance to Super Bowl XXXVIII, well, you're not going to want to be around me that weekend.

For those of you waiting to see what happens next in the soap opera that is my life, I'll have an update of that tomorrow. Right now, I need to get some sleep.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home